“For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”
- Presbyterian Women – Presbyterian Women (PW) is the national women’s organization of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).It hosts fundraising events throughout the year to support its many mission projects. The Bazaar/Craft and Bake Sale in November is its major fundraiser. In addition to local charities, donations are given internationally to causes such as Orphans of Balama, Mosquito Nets for Mothers in Africa, and Presbyterian Missions Worldwide baby blanket campaign. Presbyterian Women Meet on the Third Thursday of every month at 12:30pm for a brief business meeting followed by yummy treats and a varied, wonderful, and informative program. Contact Lynda Nelson
- Worship Ministry – At the heart of our life together is worship. In worship we are met by the one God who creates us, redeems us in his Son Jesus Christ, and renews us daily through the power of the Holy Spirit. Our 10:00AM Sunday worship at First Presbyterian Church is a blend of traditional and contemporary worship. Whatever your worship tradition has been, or even if you have never been to church before, you are welcome here. As our vision states, we strive to provide a safe spiritual home. Our Worship Ministry Team meets once a month to assist Pastor Tim in planning our congregation’s worship experience. Contact our Worship Ministry Team Leader, Contact Jean Duncan
- Music Ministry –
- The Sanctuary Choir: There is a place for you in the Sanctuary Choir. This group plays a key role in leading our congregation in praise and worship each Sunday. We have a lot of fun together singing and socializing. Rehearsals are on Mondays at 7:00pm in the Sanctuary.
- The Praise Team is a subgroup of the main choir that helps lead the congregation in praising the Lord with contemporary praise songs. They are currently accompanied by piano, keyboard and guitars. They welcome any musicians interested in this ministry. The Praise Team rehearses on Sundays following the Worship Service.
- The Alpine Ringers Handbell Choir has members from many congregations in Whitefish! It has been in existence for over 35 years bringing the beautiful sound of English Handbells to the Whitefish community. With over four octaves of handbells, the Alpine Ringers are always looking for new members with a little musical background and a lot of dedication and enthusiasm.The Alpine Ringers perform at several worship services during the year, especially on Easter and during the Christmas season. They also perform during the Whitefish Christmas Stroll. As part of Handbell Musicians of America, they participate in the yearly Area X festival and multi-choir concert. The Alpine Ringers rehearse on Mondays at 6:00pm.
- Contact our Director of Music, Contact Alma Ramlow at 406-862-6126
- The Alpine Ringers had a wonderful time at the Handbell Festival in Belgrade Montana April 29th, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Men’s Group
- Weekly on Tuesdays from 7-8am Location: FPC Fellowship Hall
- Topic: Psalms – Weekly Topic
- Description: This group has breakfast from 7-7:30 followed by Study Time 7:30 – 8am
- Wednesday Morning Women’s Group
- Weekly on Wednesdays from 9:30-11am; they meet for breakfast at The Buffalo from 8:30 – 9:30 am
- Location: FPC Fellowship Hall Topic: Parables
- Description: This group focuses on The Horizon Bible Study published by Presbyterian Women.
- Wednesday Afternoon Women’s Group – Contact Vicki McConnell at 406- 250-6030
- Weekly on Wednesdays from 1:00 – 2:00 pm with light snacks from 12:30 – 1:00 pm
- Location: Houses of Members Topic: Beth Moore : David
- Description: This group chooses various studies ranging from Beth Moore to online studies and everything in between.
- Friday Morning Men & Women’s Group – led by Connie Miersma
- Weekly on Fridays from 9:30-11am
- Location: FPC Fellowship Hall Topic:
- Description: This group focuses on various studies.
Infants and Toddlers are cared for in our Nursery located on the office level of the church. There are dedicated care givers available to be with your children during worship. You must sign in/out your children!
Children’s Sunday School occurs during our service. The children begin in the Sanctuary and are excused before the sermon to participate in Sunday School in classrooms on the office level. All children, ages two years old and beyond are invited to participate in Sunday School.
This Month’s Newsletter: Corner Connection – The First Presbyterian Church – Whitefish newsletter-Newsletter 2018 February email pdf
KOINONIA – a periodic publication of the people and ministries who make First Presbyterian Church, Whitefish their home. Click Here for all issues of Koinonia.
The beauty of this area and the style of our sanctuary makes weddings at First Presbyterian Church very popular. As a community church, we are here to assist those who desire celebrating Christian marriage in the context of a worship service. For Christians, marriage is a covenant, rooted in Scripture, through which a man and a woman are called to live out together before God their lives of discipleship.
The sanctuary and fellowship hall are able to facilitate weddings and receptions both large and small. Because of the popularity of this church and in the interest of stewardship of time, resources and the integrity of worship, we encourage you to carefully read our wedding policy and contact us as soon as possible to discuss the possibility of holding your wedding here.
Download a copy of our First Presbyterian Church – Whitefish Wedding Policy
The witness to the resurrection from the dead is the central doctrine of the Christian faith and as such is the most important witness the First Presbyterian Church of Whitefish ever makes. That witness is nowhere more apparent than in the Christian funeral or memorial service where in the face of death we affirm the resurrection to eternal life through Jesus Christ. Should your family have a need for a funeral or memorial service please feel free to contact our pastor. He is here to help and provide comfort in your loss.
Witness To The Resurrection Funerals at the First Presbyterian Church of Whitefish, Montana. FPC Funeral Policy
Lenten Soup Suppers are every Wednesday, Feb 21 – Mar 21, 2018 during the Lenten Season. Plan to arrive at 6pm for Supper followed by Devotionals at 6:30pm led by Pastor Tim.
We thank you for helping on Sunday Mornings! Kindly check the schedule for your opportunity to serve. An email is sent out by the church office as a reminder each week and it is in the monthly newsletter also.